Saturday 11 August 2007

New in town

We've been in Japan for exactly one month now and are beginning to find our feet in Kounoyama. Our eldest daughter already knows where the best swings in the neighbourhood are, and I know at least two ways to walk to Tabiya's. Tabiya-san always manages to find a gift of rice crackers for our daughters or cheese for me whenever we drop by. Thanks for that. While I'm on the subject of thanks, I'd like to mention an English graphic designer, Nick Willett, who came up with our logo and, more importantly, encouraged me to take the plunge and move to Japan to start our own business. If you want to see some of his best work, please check out his company website. His wife is Japanese and they live in England, but I am sure he will visit Kounoyama soon. When he does, we'll both swing by Tabiya's to stock up on beer, cheese and good conversation.