Sunday 5 October 2008

What a party!

I hope everyone had a good time at our first anniversary party and speech day, I know we did. We had 115 guests in the great hall at Abisuta. Our students performed brilliantly, and clearly had worked really hard - harder than Mr Sherriff... who only started working on his Japanese speech at 9am this morning. There are so many people to thank for making the day a success - not least "MC" Jun who operated the high-tech CD player like a professional. My favourite moment was in the game of "English whispers" when the adults managed to transform the message "Come to Tower English, we've got the best students this side of Tokyo" into "Hawaiian English is the best in Tokyo". And many thanks to photographer May Arai who snapped everything that moved. We'll show her photos here when we get them. Now, I need to rest my voice for tomorrow's lessons.